Fusion13 Adventure recommends:

Eckhart Tolle TV: Creating a New Earth Together

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"What is Love?" by Carol Dombrose

 
WHAT IS LOVE?
by Carol Dombrose

“There is a light that shines beyond all things on Earth, beyond us all, beyond the very highest heavens.  This is the light that shines in our heart.”     ~~ Chandogya Upanished


When all the games and dramas and stories are done and you reach a level of awareness and awakening where you can see beyond them all into a deeper level of experience – only then can you begin to know real love. 

You can love only when you do not possess or when you are not envious or not greedy or when you can be honoring and respectful no matter what the situation; only when you can have compassion that comes from a loving heart and not from the mind.  When you have consideration for all those in your presence --- only then are you touching love. 
 
Love is not just something that happens to you, it is a certain, special way of being alive.  Love is not something we can do.  It is not something that we can cultivate or practice.  True love is a happening; it is becoming a part of the river that is flowing; full of force and energy that overwhelms us.  When it happens it happens.  It is something that is so real and true and all encompassing that it literally takes over, it moves us into a very high state of consciousness where there is only it.  We drop the stories, and all the illusions. 

When everything else stops, and we move into this state, then we will experience true love.  We move from a unique and separate individual to one who is a part of the magnificent whole where there is no separation but rather a knowing and feeling and understanding that this whole is life.  We move from loving in the mind to experiencing love in the heart. 

Love is where there is neither one nor many, where there is only love.  It is here that we can experience unconditional peace, bliss and happiness.  And as we are all learning, love is not something we can get or do.  Love is the benediction of the Divine. 

We find love right in our own heart.  When we know our own heart, we remember who we are; we remember the light that we are. We need only to look inside our own heart to know love at a deeper level.

I felt that connection to life when I was 5 years old and the oak tree in my front yard was my friend.  I talked to the tree and took care of its leaves in the Fall when they fell to the ground.  The whole world was mine.  I could live in peace, give love to my doll, build castles in the sand, have a tree for my friend.  The whole world was a place to love.  

But then as I grew and was trying to live the life I was taught to live, I can see now that my spiritual self – my connection to love that I wasn’t even aware of was keeping me on the path I was meant to live. 

 
A defining moment in my life was the death of my husband in 2001.  He was such a loving man I thought that my time with him had taught me all there was to know about love.  Yet after his death, I kept hearing this call to go deeper into love.  I was not really sure what that meant, but I felt pulled into a deeper connection to the Source of love. 

Within months of Larry’s death I was led to an old farmhouse and 3 acres of land in Strongsville where I started what is now called Angel House:  Life Enrichment Center.  As a Psychologist, just talking to people about their problems didn’t seem to be enough.  We needed to go deeper into who they were, into their creative self, their spiritual self.  This is what I wanted to provide at Angel House, a safe place for people to explore the deeper self.  I did that by providing in addition to counseling, classes in the creative and healing arts.  I didn’t think of Angel House as also being my place to explore.  But this is where my journey into the dimension of deeper love began.  And to my surprise, I have found that the journey led me right back into my own heart. 
 
Inside your heart is where you can find the Divine within.  Go there when you feel afraid or uncertain, you will find comfort, go there when you feel good and celebrate together with the Divine within you.  Know that you can never be separated from this Divine light.  It is part of you, it is who you are, you are never alone.  We are not separate from our Source.  

WHAT IS LOVE - PART TWO


Now we have to ask, “How does one go into their heart?”

Our heart is our home.  It is where we live.  To contact our heart we only need to place our hand on our heart to feel the connection beneath our hand.  Only our hand on our heart can have that connection.  This is where we find our life.  Try it.  Put your hand on your heart and feel the life force that beats beneath your hand. 
 
I would like to share with you a short meditation because the experience of personally connecting to the Divine light within is stronger than any words I can say. 
 
Close your eyes if you are okay with that... 
 
Take a deep and steady breath in, exhale slowly... 
 
Take another deep and steady breath in, breath in pure white light through your nose and let that light reach and touch every corner of your being... 
 
Exhale that pure white light forming a circle around you with it...

Breath in deeply again and let pure white light touch the very center of your heart where you and God meet and touch and create together...
 
Exhale and let the assuredness of your breath circle you...

Breathe in pure white light and as you exhale let the light go as high as wide and as deep as you can imagine it can...

In your minds eye while enfolded in your circle of your pure white light take yourself to the center of your heart...

Notice a small chamber in your heart center that contains within it a powerful spark of light.  That is God’s outpost in you...

Take another deep breath into your heart and connect to that powerful spark of light.
Exhale and feel yourself expanded... 
 
Take another deep breath and connect deeper, deeper, deeper still until you are no longer separated from that powerful spark of light...

Exhale a long steady breath, allow it to circle around you...

Rest comfortably now, you are about to receive a message that is spoken to you from the source of your creation:

“I am here with you my child, I am here.  I am here to help you fully awaken, I am here to watch over you and to love you as you fully awaken to your power and use your divine heritage to lead by example. 
 
I am in awe of the masterpiece I created.  I am in awe of your beauty, and your courage and your commitment.  And I am honored to have a part of me living inside of you.  Here in the center of your heart is where I have kept company with the most powerful part of yourself awaiting your arrival. 

Will you cease looking for external understanding to validate your eternal worth?  Your worth has always resided in here in the center of your heart with me.  I want you to know that your very presence when fully awakened allows every other being of my creation a greater opportunity to experience there own greatness.
 
You have been created to make a difference in my world and I love you.  Will you believe me when I tell you how grateful I am that I created you exactly as you are?  And will you come to peace knowing that truth.  Do you know how much I love you.  Never push me away and I promise to daily show you the many ways in which I love you.  May the light of all that is good and great and powerful and wise accompany you on your MAGNIFICENT  journey.  I travel inside of your every footstep.” 
     
-----------
Carol Dombrose worked as a healer, teacher, and psychotherapist... and also was the director of Angel House in Strongsville Ohio... We are thankful for the gift of her life among us and feel the grief of our loss... She is more than likely already doing her best to continue to love us and help us from the wonderful Mystery of Spirit!  Carol transitioned from her earthly body March 17, 2013. - jh